Pittman PC is an Indianapolis firm providing legal and accounting services to small businesses, entrepreneurs and private individuals. Our team is comprised of experienced professionals with diverse areas of expertise. We are committed to our clients, our team and their families, and our community.
We are looking for a genuine person with a proven ability to develop strong working relationships with clients, including gaining a thorough understanding of their businesses and challenges. We would like to add someone to our team who will inspire our clients and help them achieve their dreams. To learn more about our firm, visit our website at www.ppittman.com.
Some of the specific job duties include:
- Preparing and reviewing Individual, S-Corporation, and Partnership tax returns and related schedules.
- Recording and reconciling financial information in QuickBooks – revenue, expenses, fixed assets & payroll.
- Compiling and analyzing financial information.
- Conducting tax research necessary to complete tax returns and client tax planning.
- Bringing an entrepreneurial perspective in the review of client’ businesses to identify potential tax saving.
- Responding to IRS, Indiana Department of Revenue and Indiana Department of Workforce Development Notices.
- Preparing sales tax and food & beverage tax returns.
- Preparing personal property tax returns, 1099s and quarterly estimates.
- Monitoring filing deadlines and preparing & filing extensions.
- Making journal entries for year-end close and discuss with client.
Bachelor’s Degree required
3-4 years of experience as a tax accountant
General knowledge in tax preparation software – ProSeries preferred
Proficient in QuickBooks
Experience with Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel
Organizational and prioritization skills are critical
Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
Attention to detail and accuracy
A dreamer and enjoys life
Base Pay: $55,000-$57,500
Other Pay: Paid parking, Travel Account, HSA and Retirement Benefits
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Accounting – Finance
Manages Others: Yes
Job Type: Accounting/Finance
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: At least 3 years
Travel: Negligible, Indianapolis area
Relocation Covered: No
For confidential consideration of this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 317-973-4143.